Replacing an X-ray tube can be a challenge, and the risks are high. Here are a few important tips to follow when changing a Toshiba/Canon Aquilion CT tube.
- The X-ray tube, HV cable, and heat exchanger should be replaced at the same time
- Due to the weight of the tube, two people are required to replace the X-ray tube
- There are two different types of HV cables used for the ALTA750® and CXB-750D* X-ray tube. Each HV cable uses a different dielectric compound. If you are not familiar with these critical differences, our team can help!
Handle with Care
- It is important to handle the reference detector and reference detector cable carefully otherwise image artifacts, or a discrepancy in a CT image may appear.
- See images: Ensure the reference detector cable is tie-wrapped securely to the clamp. Otherwise, image artifacts may appear (as shown)
Extend the Life of Your CT Tube
- Never make exposures on a cold tube
- Complete the entire warm-up process at the beginning of each day before scanning
- Warm the tube to 30% OLP (overload protection) before making exposures
Want to learn more or have questions? Richardson Healthcare can help address challenges that may come with Canon/Toshiba tube installation. Our team is available and ready for your call. Rely on us 24/7 with our Tech Support and Parts Hotline – (704) 739-3597.
If you want to learn more, enroll in our Toshiba CT service training course today!
*All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of the trademarks is solely for identification purposes and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by the trademark holders.